DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
#BetterSexTalk is searching for an experienced, enthusiastic Development Director located in New York, NY. This position is responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining a comprehensive fundraising program on behalf of the organization. This is flexible, assignment-based volunteer work with a small stipend. Seeking applicants with proven project development ability, as well as experience soliciting donations and securing grants.
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Assist with the solicitation of private and public grants, and work with leadership in the cultivation and solicitation of funds.
- Identify, develop and respond to grant opportunities that promote enhancement of existing programs and growth of new areas of service.
- Develop comprehensive short-term and long-term plans for fund development utilizing grants.
- Coordinate and produce financial, budgetary, and other special reports, proposals, and analyses for management, including monthly financial activity and/or fund development progress reports.
- Oversee the accuracy, timeliness, and maintenance of database records and files, including those used to track donor information and general budgeting.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- A previous job or internship in development/fundraising. Relevant experience may include annual campaigns, major gift programs, or alumni relations at a university.
- A strong interest in young people's rights, activism, and public policy.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and one-page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31st, 2015.
#BetterSexTalk is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring, and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage people from all groups and communities to apply.